Happy and Sad Goodbyes
I went back to Miraseh Farhangi today (Cultural Heritage Offices) and said my goodbyes. I gave Ostaad Finastian a big box of Yazd pastry and his CD of photos. He gave me his phone numbers and it was sad saying goodbye to him. I then went to Ostaad Pashai and gave him a book on Native American pottery and his CD of photos. He eagerly looked through the book, admired the work, thanked me, and then proceeded to say how backward the method of coiling is and that they should throw at the wheel, etc. I tried explaining that not using the wheel is the Native American tradition and a great one at that, but he had his mind set: "One has to move on with time." Yeah, hah. I can see you moving on with time. I said my goodbyes and left. The girls were all asking me for my email, which I gave them. It was sad saying goodbye to them.
My experience with Ostaad Pashai was not a good one. I have learnt a lot from it, of course. Everything is a learning experience. I won't go into the details in my blog, but my notes on Ostaad Pashai are not very exciting.
Ostaad Finastian is going to make me a vase. I hope it will be finished by the time I leave.
2 Comments:
Hi
Are you off to Kordestan today, or are you in Kodestan already?
Where in the world is Sheyda Ardalan.
I'm still in Tehran. Read the new blog. Some great stuff. I'll be going to Kordestan on Saturday.
Post a Comment
<< Home