In Zanjan


I have been in Zanjan for two days now. We arrived yesterday morning and went to our mehmansaray, which is a small and local hotel. Zanjan is a busy city, and the people are very friendly on the whole. I went to Soltaniyeh yesterday afternoon and spoke to a few people. I was told that I could do my research and continue as long as I need. I went back today and met with more people, interviewed three craftsmen, and found out that the ceramic workshop is not working due to lack of funds. I was rather upset, as this is my main area of research. However, there is promise of money coming in two to three weeks and the workshop will start again. I'm going back again tomorrow since there are other areas operating, such as the restoration of tiles, the installation of tiles, and archeological digs. I have spoken to the person in charge of each area and they have been very receptive.

Walked through the bazaar with Mom. It's a clean bazaar, but nothing comes close to Esfehan's bazaar. Soltaniyeh, of course, is as impressive as ever.
Photos top to bottom: The impressive structure of Soltaniyeh; Ostaad Mardani (Left) and Mr. Kashani (head of ceramic operations); three apprentices.
That's it for now.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home