Sheyda Research 2006

This blog is a virtual diary of my travels to Iran from June 30 to August 17, 2006. The nature of my travel is to research the ways a master craft-artist mentors an apprentice in the traditional arts of Iran.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Luxury of Tehran

Never thought I would think Tehran luxurious, but here you have it. Yazd is a beautiful city, but the people are conservative. Except the Zoroastrains who wear colorful clothing and scarves, most of the women are dressed in total black. The computer has viruses and I'm having a very difficult time posting photographs. The technician is coming tomorrow to fix it and hopefully, I'll be able to post more photos. For now, I'm enjoying being back in Tehran.

Worried about the troubles in Lebanon.

Back in Tehran, and happy to be here. Hope this picture will remind my children to drop me a note!



Map of Iran showing where I've been so far. Italics indicate places I would like to go next, but we'll see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mommy!

I'm sorry I haven't posted, I miss you a lot and you look so cute in your hejab! I hope you got footage of the Zoroastrians, I would like to see what they wear.

xoxo

Ariane

6:53 PM  
Blogger Sheyda said...

Hi, Ariane. Glad to get a comment from you. Where have you been? No, I didn't get any photos of the Zoroastrians. It would be treating them like a site if I was to run up to them and take a photo or videotape them. The were dressed like me. Love you and tell Bijhan to drop me a note.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home