Goodbye to Iran
This is very hard to do. I was ready to take off a few days ago, but now, as the hour of my departure draws near, I sense a heavy sadness within me. I cannot explain how hard it is to be stuck between two cultures; how difficult it is to say goodbye to an aunt one has loved growing up, to cousins who are like brothers and sisters, to a nanny who has been totally devoted regardless of the difficulties, and to a mother who will now be alone again. I, at least, have the luxury of having a husband and two children waiting for me; I have the luxury of looking forward to the joy of seeing them. My mother does not have that. I know I will leave a hollow space in her environment, an emptiness that she has to deal with.
I can't explain how grateful I am to her. She has helped me throughout my whole research and has put up with all my demands. I am leaving Iran with a heavy heart for I do not know what the future holds for any of us and I miss everyone already.
1 Comments:
Shahrokh joon, I miss you very much. I miss Auntie also. Thanks for keeping Mom company. I will start a new blog with Hortense and Cyrus here, as soon as I have setlled in. One of my suitcases was lost and I'm trying to track it. Many people lost their luggage. But everything, including the glasses, in the other suitcase was safe and sound.
Post a Comment
<< Home