Sheyda Research 2006

This blog is a virtual diary of my travels to Iran from June 30 to August 17, 2006. The nature of my travel is to research the ways a master craft-artist mentors an apprentice in the traditional arts of Iran.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Wrapping it Up

I'm trying to wrap things up in Iran now. I went to a silversmith yesterday (as if I needed to meet yet another Ostaad!) with Mom to get rings made for Ariane and Hortense with the turquoise we purchased at Jome'eh Bazaar on Friday. The master silversmith took me around and introduced me to the process of traditional Persian silverwork. I did interview him, but need to go back and videotape him. I made a call to Lalijin and spoke to Javad, my potter artist. He was very eager to help, but the timing is poor. Most people are away due to the summer vacation, including the master potters. Javad is planning on organizing something, but I feel he wants to create an artificial setting for me and I have explained to him that that's not what I am seeking. I will be talking to him again and will let him know that I will not be coming down.

Had dinner at Guity's house last night. It was nice to see the cousins. Gorji, our nanny, came back with me. She was helping Guity out, but is anxious to spend my last few days with me.

I miss everyone back home very much.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we miss you more mom!!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home